Tuesday 18 November 2008

Silence of the Soul / Il Silenzio dell' Anima

I reached the shore as if taken by hand. My eyes filled with tears and my lungs grasping for air. All I could do is be there on that deserted sandy shore late at night.
All I could do is leave on the seaside a bundle filled with regrets and pain, poisoned and deadly words. I removed it from my grief-stricken heart and left it there under a midnight blue starry night where it delicately reflected the nearly full moon.
A excruciating act… but all of a sudden there you were Adamant and Ginger, a hand each on my shoulder… many others quickly joined in. Their presence made it known to me by filling me with an overwhelming sense of love and peace.
We stayed there and watched as the sea slowly enclosed the packet and bit by bit take it away….gradually towards the horizon.
And slowly to my breath stillness came to be, to my mind peace and to my soul….silence.



Ho raggiunto la spiaggia come se fossi presa per mano. I miei occhi era colmi di lacrime e i miei polmoni annaspavano per l’aria. Tutto quello che potevo fare era essere su quella spiaggia deserta di tarda sera.
Tutto quello che potevo fare era depositare sulla spiaggia un involucro, con dentro tutti i rancori e dolori, veleni e parole pesanti. Lo tolto dal cuore angosciato e lasciato lì sotto un cielo stellato dipinto di blu mezzanotte dove rifletteva delicatamente la luna al suo quasi culmine.
Un compito lancinante…ma improvvisamente siete venuti Adamante e Ginger con una mano ciascuno sulle mie spalle….tanti altri ci hanno raggiunti. Mi hanno fatto sentire la loro presenza riempiendomi con un sconfinato senso di amore e di pace.
Siamo rimasti li ha guardare insieme il mare lambire il pacco e portarselo via lentamente al largo…pezzo a pezzo…gradualmente verso l’orizzonte.
E piano piano al mio respiro si è aggiunta la quiete, alla mia mente la pace, alla mia anima…. Il silenzio.

No comments: