Monday 20 July 2009

Who governs the world? / Chi governa il mondo?

Early this morning I wanted to hang out my washing on the balcony. This time instead of a small defenceless bird which I had found on Friday, I now find a belligerent locust, that was already quite nervous due to my cat’s vexations.

Well I start thinking on how to work out a way to keep myself and the locust safe.
In that precise moment the door bell rings. Jehovah witnesses.


“Dear madam we would like to ask you a question”
“Yes?”
“Who is governing the world is this precise moment?”
Really? Well I was going to answer:
A locust in my balcony…because I would like to hang out my washing but can’t!




Stamattina presto volevo stendere i panni e al posto dell’uccellino piccolo e indifeso che ho trovato venerdì, mi trovo una locusta bella agguerrita, che ha già subito le angherie del mio gatto.

Bene…comincio ad escogitare il da farsi per non nuocere né alla locusta né a me.
In quel preciso momento suonano alla porta. Sono i testimoni di Geova.


“Signora Le voglio fare una domanda?”
“Si?”
“Chi governa il mondo in questo momento?”

Beh sinceramente stavo per rispondere:
Una locusta nel mio balcone…perché vorrei stendere i panni ma non posso!

2 comments:

skylark said...

Bella risposta! ciao

Acquafortis said...

Peccato che non lo detta veramente...