Friday 5 October 2007

Workaholic

So here I am again. Sunny October day. Hopefully I'll be able to go to swim later on.
I'm feeling horribly. Bad evening and night. Waking up wasn't better.
There are times when I feel I can't make my message through. As if I'm the only one living the discomfort.
My girlfriend is a work alcoholic and this is bearing down on me. It seems as if everybody cares about his/her private intimate life except her.
It is sad eating dinner alone on a table set for two.
Thursday is always a special day when L-Word is being aired on cable. We love discussing the themes brought up and comparing the American and Italian LGBT situation.
Well yesterday evening I watched it most of the time alone, with no discussion brought up later. What do you need to discuss when what you need to talk about seems such an alien subject?

2 comments:

Gael said...

I'm feeling horribly. Bad evening and night. Varie bad evening and night. Penso che alcoholic work significhi drogata di lavoro. Sono perfettamente consapevole di cosa sia più importante per me e posso assicurare che la vita privata viene al primo posto. Non ho mai pensato di poter trovare la mia realizzazione nel lavoro, consapevole dell'importanza che hanno per me i rapporti umani e ancor di più il rapporto con la mia donna. Non nascondo la stanchezza mentale di quest'ultimo periodo, tra il lavoro e le varie vicissitudini, ma francamente, scusami, per questa stanchezza trovo delle giustificazioni. Fisicamente non posso essere sempre con te ma ti posso assicurare che anche se lavoro cerco di essere presente e sei presente nei miei pensieri, anche se le telefonate e i messaggi su internet diventano sempre più rari, dati i ritmi incalzanti lavorativi. Ma ogni secondo di pausa lo dedico sempre e soltanto a te perchè mi manchi. Vorrei avere una vita diversa... quante volte ne abbiamo parlato... e sicuramente, pianificando sarà! (sempre se la vorrai condividere con me). Amo tutto di te come il primo momento, nonostante le differenze, ma amo proprio queste. In questo e per questo hai ragione: sono una drogata.
Gael

Calista*Was*Here said...

Hello, Italian girl!

I didn't have no one from Italy in my blogroll. (Now it's too late.)
Thank you anyway for stopping by!

I was in Italy; really beautiful country and people are very hospitable.
They often asked me; "Sei Tedesca?"
(which I'm not.)

Okay, I'm not into blogging anymore, but I'm glad I meet you!

Bye!